Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Snake Bubbles

The weather down here has been pretty hot and humid. It doesn't seem to phase my kids, they still need and want to get out and play everyday. This fun activity was a nice short one that we were able to do and not be outside for to long. Just cut the bottom of a water bottle off, put an old rag around it with a rubber band, mix a little dish soap and water together, dip the bottle in and then blow. Be careful to not blow in--Lucy will tell you that the soap bubbles taste really yucky and she may not be able to talk anymore because of the bubbles she ate. I told her she will be fine. I had to remind her to blow out! Not in.
We tried to see how long we could make our snake bubble. We got a couple of pretty long ones, Garrett would always come grab them or they would brake off.

Can you tell by her hair that is is humid down here?
Washing their hands with the bubbles.
Garrett was happy to just play in the bubbles on the ground. We had to rinse our hands off with the hose when we were done. We were pretty soapy.

Fun times, we were all red in the face when we were done and glad to be back in the AC.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute idea! Calvin would love this. And yes, it is entirely too humid down here to even breathe!!!

R and A Lambert said...

That sounds like fun. You guys are so creative w/ your fun! I agree-so very hot right now!

Brittany H said...

Where do you get all of your creative ideas?! I love that you share them!

The Sullengers said...

What a cool trick! So funny that Lucy ate bubbles...that would be yucky!

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

What a good mommy you are. I love your ideas!!

Leslie said...

That is such a fun idea, I will definitely have to try that one with Evie!