Yesterday I could tell that Lucy needed to do something special with me. Sometimes I think she just needs a little more attention. It is hard when I can tell that she needs me but so does Garrett. I hate to feel torn between the 2. So I made a point to do this fun project with her. Garrett ate a little snack while we made homemade puffy paint. We painted with q-tips, which was kinda fun to use something different. Lucy had fun discovering how to mix the colors together to make another one.
After you are done you put them in the microwave and they dry and puff up. Lucy thought that was pretty cool. Here she is with her finished painting.
You can see it got bumpy--mostly in the spots where there is a lot of paint.
Here is my pretty house drawing
It was another fun little thing to do with Lucy. She loved it and I could tell it is just what she needed. Something special to do with me. I am glad I was able to see that and be able to do it. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what the child wants and it is rewarding as a parent when you can figure it out. Something else that Lucy has loved lately that has made her feel extra special is special one on one time with either Mom or Dad. When we think she needs a little one on one time she will get to choose a small activity to do with just one of us. Some of her favorites are going to Sonic for some ice cream and going on a bike ride.
5 comments:
Puffy paint was a fun idea! You are good to notice when your children need one on one time! Those are the most special times for me as a mommy. I love a special activitiy to really connect and spend time with the girls alone.
I have been noticing that both my girls need their own time lately. I would love have that puffy paint recipe.
How great and a fun activity! She will def remember these things when she gets older!
I had NO IDEA you could make puffy paint!!! That is SOOOO awesome!
Thanks for the great idea! Thomas was also really in need of some mom-time today. So, while Lydia was taking her nap we made puffy paint! He thought it was really fun.
Post a Comment