My kids are early birds and I don't think there is anything I can do about it. I am sure when they are in school and need to be up to get on the bus I will enjoy it a little more. This morning I was dragging big time so we decided some donuts were in need. This is the second day in a row that I have been up before 6 AM. We went to Shipley's donuts and they did not disappoint. I love donuts--they are one of my favorite foods ever and these donuts hit the spot. (I will add that the place on stateline is still my favorite) We took our donuts to the play ground and we ate them and played for a while. As you can tell we seriously were there early because the sun isn't even out all the way.

Garrett loved the donuts! He ate so many donut holes.

I was not surprised when Lucy picked one with sprinkles.

We played until the sun came up and we were to hot. The playground was pretty wet from the morning dew and a little bit of rain we had yesterday. But the kids loved it and it was a nice way to start the day--getting rid of some early morning wiggles.

Lucy took my picture with Garrett. Garrett is getting better at playing at the playground since he can walk around and really explore.
JJ is in Florida and competed nationally for the
business plan scholarship. They did a good job presenting yesterday but didn't win. Oh well, they did their best! I am sure he will post all about it when he comes home.
9 comments:
that is crazy you went so early - good for you! I'm sorry they didn't win - such a bummer, but a good experience I'm sure. Those pictures are definitely making me want to try those Mainstreet Donuts.
Donuts are great! And that park looks like its a lot of fun. And I am excited to hear about this busines plan competition, because I thought we was solely doing optometry stuff now.
What a fun morning adventure! Way to start the day off with a BANG :)
How crazy that they keep getting up so early! I'm sorry I'm not there to take the early shift. I'm after getting to take this trip I'll be on the early shift for a long time. I love you all and will be home late tomorrow night.
Brilliant idea to go for donuts and the playground before the heat of the day set in! Those donuts look delish!
When my boys were those ages, we were always up before 6 am too! I also went to the park while most of the world was still sleeping. Really cute pictures of some really cute kids!
I love the pictures! You are good to get up, I would just been lazy rather than doing something fun like getting donuts.
Way to turn lemons into lemonade! You of course know of my affinity for donuts (Main Street Donuts on Stateline IS the best) so I'll have to check out Shipley's sometime!
Good idea! My kids are early birds as well... but way to have a good attitude about it and make it fun for everyone. I'll steal that idea one of these days. :)
Post a Comment