Yesterday JJ had his White Coat Ceremony to welcome him into optometry school. They receive their White Coats there and are now able to wear them to school. It was a nice ceremony where students were recognized for many awards and many teachers were also awarded. JJ's class walked into to ceremony--here is JJ walking in
I am sure the other parts of the ceremony were also nice, Lucy and I were only able to sit still for the first hour or so and then we missed the rest but were able to spend it running around. She was able to sit and play with her friend Rhylan for a while.
Here is the class of 2012 being recognized . They each got to walk across the stage.
Here is the SCO graduating class of 2012



After the ceremony we went back to the school and had a nice BBQ dinner. This ceremony is part of the homecoming celebrations. They had some fun activities and lots of good food. I was able to tour JJ's school for the first time. He showed me where his classes, labs, locker and where he eats lunch. This is him by his locker. The school seems very nice and JJ is really enjoying learning new things everyday.

After the ceremony we went back to the school and had a nice BBQ dinner. This ceremony is part of the homecoming celebrations. They had some fun activities and lots of good food. I was able to tour JJ's school for the first time. He showed me where his classes, labs, locker and where he eats lunch. This is him by his locker. The school seems very nice and JJ is really enjoying learning new things everyday.
5 comments:
JJ...
many times through our childhood we were "brother and sister"...fighting and bickering to, what I am sure was near a breaking point for our parents. but no matter what, when things got tough or when it was just the two of us needing each other, we knew the other was there for support.
you are so far away and yet...I couldnt be prouder of you. I love that you are following your dream and not only just doing it, but doing it the best you can.
you are brilliant and I love you and never let anyone tell you to stop dreaming.
miss you more than imaginable.
xoxo
rachel
ps. love the coat. you have to bring it when you come visit.
that's great! JJ looks so official now!
the coat makes him look legit
Hi JJ,
We are so proud of you! You make us happy that you are accomplishing your goals. You are a wonderful husband and father. We are lucky we will have an eye doctor in the family. Love, Ric and Camille
Way to go JJ!!! Love the white coat!
Post a Comment