Last night while I was getting Lucy ready for bed JJ came in and said you are never going to believe what is in our house! I don't think I really wanted to know. I thought maybe he found some more termites in our house, yes we have termites in our house. Maybe I posted something about that and maybe not. Anyways, pest control came and hopefully those are taken care of. Anyways JJ says, there is a snake in our house. Fantastic!! JJ took a couple of pictures so I can show the office this morning. He just guided it out with a broom and it gladly went out. I think it was pretty freaked out about being in here. We had the windows open yesterday and the screens in the bedroom aren't that great so we are thinking that that has to be the only way it got in. At least I hope so because maintenance is coming over today to replace them. I was pretty nervous going to sleep last night, I didn't want any snakes in bed with me!!
I tried to find out what kind of snake it is but didn't really find any that looked just like it. It actually wasn't that big and it isn't poisonous so at least maybe that will make me feel better about having a snake in the house. Good think JJ was home to get it out. We are thinking moving north in 4 years sounds nice!!!
18 comments:
Hey Heather-
It's Cara here, I would be mortified if I found a snake in the house - hopefully it doesn't happen again, and termites too! I'm sorry! I feel that way about moving every time a tornado warning or hurricane warning comes. Can't wait to get back West!
Okay you win!
Wow, I don't think I would be able to sleep either. Snakes are my worst fear, I had a nightmare about them just a couple of days ago...and now I probably will again because of this story!
That is so weird...it really does make you wonder how exactly it got in! Glad it got taken care of!
That's a serious looking snake! Is that the baseboard in the second picture? I was trying to figure out just how big it was. I think that's worse than my bat.
It looks pretty big to me! Creepy!
oh my gosh! I woulnd't be able to sleep for days knowing there was a snake in my house. You're brave.
Oh my gosh Heather! When Thomas and I were first married in the first house we rented, I found a snake at home one day when I came home for lunch. I seriously FREAKED out, picked it up with the dustpan and threw it out in the middle of the road. I feel for you girl!
oh man, that is not cool! and yes it does look pretty long. I bet Lucy thought it was cool though.
Ahhhhh! I would not sleep a wink!
OOh, I am so scared of snakes...also bugs, rats, etc. so I would not be happy! We had a HUGE bug/cockroach/cricket thing in our place here and I FREAKED out. Good thing we have husbands who can take care of those things, right?!
AH I HATE SNAKES! Along this line though, on thursday a girl in my ecology comes to class with a baby rabbit which she said she found in the hallway...? yeah. I have no idea.
AWESOME!!! i hope jj put it in an old bottle and kept it for a bit before you made him get rid of it...that would be all to reminiscent of our childhood.
That is horrible! And it makes me want to never open the main floor windows again. But why will moving North make it better? Termites are bad here, they have these preventer things you have to put all over your yard, but snake free...so far. Although we do have fire ants...
holy cow I would have died!
Eew, eww eww! I am not grossed out by much, but just thinking of that thing slithering into your house gives me the willies. Yuck!
I can't believe you aren't freaking out a little more. You seem so calm about this post like oh, gee a snake got in. A SNAKE WAS IN YOU HOUSE!!!! Your whole post should have been in capitol letters for the anxiety you feel - and what is up with sleeping in your bed. yeah, I would have been "call the exterminator to check the nooks and crannies, I'll be at a hotel". Your father has done this to you - what with the working outside your whole life! He has raised all you girls to be men. Sheesh!
I posted about a SNAKE IN MY HOUSE! It is dedicated to you and your braveness in the face of peril.
I wish you no more snakes!
Post a Comment