Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom (9-4)

While Lucy and I were in St. Louis we were able to celebrate my Mom's birthday. It was fun to spend the day with her. It is so nice to be so close for these things. Usually I am just calling to wish everyone happy birthday and telling them I wish I was there.


We went and had Lunch at St. Louis Bread Co. or Panera bread if anyone is familiar with that. It is such a yummy place to eat. I wish we would get one down here. While we were eating there we ran into friend of mine who I use to work with at the Dentist office back in St. Louis. It was fun to see her and be able to visit with her.

That evening we had a nice dinner together as a family. Here we all are

I gave mom a fruit stand, much needed with their fruit trees in the backyard. They always have alot of fruit in their kitchen so this stand will come in handy.

I made mom this very very yummy ice cream cake. It was so good, I think we all ate 2 pieces that night!

Grandpa is teaching Lucy to play the mandolin at a early age. Lucy has a fun time listening to Grandpa sing songs and play his guitar and harmonica. She likes to dance around and sing with him.

2 comments:

Margaret Pratt said...

Your cake looks so yummy and pretty! I love the picture Lucy playing guitar! How great you got to celebrate so many fun things on your trip!

Rob and Marseille said...

man, want to come make me an ice cream cake for my birthday. I know you want to be in Utah for your birthday.