I have had a very productive day today. I got up early and went to Zumba class and did some Salsa dancing and then I went over to a friends house and made freezer dinners. JJ goes to school with Riley and they live really close to us in MS. So while the boys played wii ,Lucy played and Rhylan took a nap we cooked.
We made bulk spaghetti sauce, Lasagna and Manicotti. Here is a picture of the manicotti
Here I am with a pan of manicotti. It is chicken manicotti with Italian sausage--it smelled SO good.
And here is Savannah
Here we are with our dinners. I made 2 9x9's and 1 9x13 of Lasagna and 4 9x9's of manicotti.
I am so excited to have all these yummy dinners just ready to heat up in my freezer. JJ's parents gave us a freezer kinda like Savannah's in the picture so I am excited to finish stocking it full of yummy things to eat
If any of you are interested in the recipes we used I would be happy to share. We used Jenny Stangers recipes from her yummy cookbook "Fantastic Freezer Dinners"
Here is the link to her web page
http://www.freezerdinner.com/
Here is the link to her web page
http://www.freezerdinner.com/
12 comments:
wow, how long did it take you to make all of those? and when did you start to salsa dance? ooo la la! does jj know how too?
How much fun! The food looks so yummy! What a great idea! Thanks for attaching the link and sharing!
Wow, you are so domestic in that apron, Heather! You always look like you are having so much fun. :) I love Jenny's cookbook too. I did her freezer breakfast burritos and they were delicious (and SO convenient!).
What a great idea! I hate thinking "oh no, what do I have to make dinner with" at 4pm!
Oh, and I can't believe you had a snake in your house! That's so creepy!
OH, I really want to do a day of freezer dinners. That would be so nice to not have to think at night what you should make for dinner, just grab something out of the freezer and cook! Good job. Also, finding a snake in your house? Didn't that freak you out? I would have had a hard time sleeping that night. You handled it well!!!
The dinners look yummy. That's such a great idea. How long does it take to make them?
Hey Heather! Thank you for your for your compliments on my recipes. You make me feel so special ;) It looks like you are having the best time in Mississippi. I'm so glad you live in a great neighborhood and that you get to see family so much more. Your sister looks so much like you. I cant believe the size of that snake in your house! YIKES! It would be hard to sleep at night knowing that could possibly slip in to your home. I'm so impressed with JJ and his school. You married a great guy, and he sure got lucky to have someone like you fall in love with him. Thanks for keeping in touch. Did you like Zamba dancing? They just started those classes at my gym. I'm tempted to go. Love ya!
Delicious! I am goign to do this, to prepare for the twins and all. That looks so yummy. Was it easy? Thanks for the site!
That sure was ambitious of you! What a good idea, and so much more fun to do with a friend. I'm glad that you guys have found good friends there so soon. Sometimes it takes forever to find a good couple friend. I've never frozen any dinners before but I definitely want to start-thanks for the recipes.
What a great idea. I am really good at doing stuff like that when I am pregnant for some weird reason. But now that Im not I am not motivated to do much cooking at all. Thats pretty crazy about that snake. I have been hearing too many bad snake stories lately I don't think I could handle that!!! I guess you know that you probably wont have a mice problem!
Oh I am so glad to find you again - you domestic queen you! Way to go! See you soon, I hope?
That is awesome Heather. What a great idea. Now we just need a bigger freezer since ours is stuffed full of peaches :)
Post a Comment