Sunday, June 11, 2017

Tuesday morning we meet up with everyone one last time before they all headed home.  We went to our favorite place, Faust park.  We love riding the carousel!  We had fun playing at the park for a while and then went in to ride the carousel.  Grandma treated everyone to a ride and then I got them each another ride.  It was a beautiful day to play outside.  It was sad to say goodbye to everyone when we left.


We went to our neighborhood pool for the first time and it was freezing.  The kids didn't care and were so excited to be there.  The sun wasn't even out that day!  It really wasn't a good day to be at the pool but the kids had been asking all week so we went.  They had a blast and didn't care how cold it was.
We went to the library and signed up for the summer reading program.  I didn't realize I had a huge bag of library books that were way overdue!  With everything going on I didn't even think about them.  I racked up a $9 fine at the library, I think that's my largest fine.  Whoops.  Oh well, still cheaper then buying books.  We checked out another big bag of books.  Garrett picked out some fun books and spent almost all day reading them.  I love when the kids get excited about reading.
Friday was National Donut day!  We were doing our weekly grocery shopping and they were handing out free donuts at Walmart.  The kids were so excited. 
This week the kids each did a sports camp at the high school.  I felt like I did a lot of driving there and back each day.  Lucy did a basketball camp each afternoon.  She really enjoyed learning some new things and working on a few things she already knew.  She knew some friends from school who were doing the camp. 
In the evenings Garrett did a soccer camp.  He really liked his camp too.  They did a lot of drills and scrimmage games.  He had a fun time going each night.  I'm glad we signed the kids up.  It gave them something to look forward to each day.   
Saturday was our neighborhood garage sale.  Lucy and Garrett asked to set up a lemonade stand.  They set up their stand and each made$7.75, they were so excited.  It was such a hot day and people loved their lemonade.  After the garage sale we headed to the pool.  A hot sunny day was a much better day to go.  The water is still cold but at least it was warming up.


No comments: