Around mothers day JJ asked me what I would like to have. I thought about it for a while and then mentioned to him I would like to have a kayak. He laughed and then loved the idea. I told him I wanted to have something fun to do as a family that is also relaxing and low key. I thought it would be so nice to head over to the park and take the kayak out in the evenings. He agreed and we shopped around and looked at a few different ones. Just last week we bought a nice bright green kayak, we are so excited to have lots of fun with it. We took it out Saturday night for the first time. We need to get a roof rack on our van but we still strapped it down just fine for the short drive to the park.
JJ says it's my kayak but it is actually something we are going to share. We decided to make it a joint mothers day and fathers day gift for each other. It was so fun to be out on the water, very peaceful and relaxing. We were the only ones there other then a few people fishing.
Lucy and Garrett enjoyed it too, they did a good job figuring out how to paddle.
We also got a fishing pole, we thought it would be fun to fish while you are waiting to ride in the kayak. We didn't have any luck catching anything but they had fun.
We had a blast out at the park together. I hope we can go often and make some good memories. Maybe we will eventually get another kayak. We stayed until the park ranger came through to make sure we were leaving. The kids had fun catching fireflies while we loaded up the kayak.
No comments:
Post a Comment