Tuesday morning we had bad storms in Florida. We were awoken by storms and heavy rain during the night. As we were getting ready to go and packing up I got a text that our flight had been delayed due to weather. We called the airlines and tried to figure out if we would still make our connecting flight in Atlanta. We would only have a few minutes to change plans. They thought we would still be able to make it, especially if they knew we were coming. We headed to the airport to return the rental car and see what would happen with our flight. We were delayed a few times and finally left about 2 PM. We had about a 2 hour delay and before even leaving Florida they rebooked our flight from Atlanta to St. Louis. We had a very bumpy flight from Florida to Atlanta from all the storms. I ended up taking something as we took off. Hoping to not get sick. Thankfully I was ok and made it home without any problems. We finally pulled into the driveway about 8 PM. A few hours later then scheduled. The kids were so happy to see us, especially Nolan who did a little happy dance when he saw our car coming down the street. Our babysitter was such a trooper, I know being at home with the kids is no easy task. She helped the kids make a cute welcome home sign and hung it on the door. The kids were excited to show it to us and tell us all about their time without us.
Nolan was so excited to have daddy tuck him in at night! He sure loves his daddy and was all smiles. He gave us both lots of hugs and kisses.
It was such a fun opportunity to get away with JJ and I'm glad it all worked out. I can see why people always say its so heathy to get away together without the kids. I know it is hard to make happen but I'm glad for us it worked out. We were both glad to be home that evening, back together as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment