Yesterday for my Birthday we tried hard to think of something fun to do to celebrate. The weather was so nice for several days earlier in the week and then the weekend came with some colder rainy weather. To bad we couldn't have one of those nice days to go outside and do something fun. We did think of the indoor swimming pool in Tunica, MS. We have heard about it and thought about going a couple times and it seemed like the perfect thing to do yesterday to celebrate.
There was also a big swimming pool where you could swim laps or they had a basketball hoop and ball. Garrett really enjoyed hanging out in his floaty. He loved to lean over and splash in the water. I can tell we are going to have a lot of fun swimming this summer!
There were some fun diving boards and platforms. JJ went off the diving board and then jumped off the 2 lower platforms. He is brave! I didn't really have any interest in jumping off anything that high. He took a second to look down and think before jumping off the middle platform jump. A kid in the pool yelled " Do it!" and then Lucy yelled "do it!" . It was cute that she copied that kid.
For Dinner we decided to go out to eat at Logan's Roadhouse, we had a coupon and decided it would be a good time to use it. Dinner was disappointing and I ended up with mine in a to- go box and had it for lunch today. There wasn't really anything we could have done to make it better and so that is fine. We will not be a returning customer there.
Even if dinner was a disappointment, this cake was not! JJ and I made this ice cream cake together and it was so yummy!
We put all 27 candles on the cake!
7 comments:
We are kind of lame about birthdays at our house, so it is fun to see you guys celebrate! You look so great, Heather, I hope you had a great day.
happy birthday! glad that you had a nice day! by the way, you are looking fabulous!!
sounds like a fun day! I still haven't made an icecream cake...it sounds yummy though!
Ok, I have never heard about this indoor pool! I need all details! How much? How far? etc.
YAY! HAPPY DAY! I promise I didn't forget - I just didn't get a chance until today to get on and tell you! SO glad you had a great day!
That does look like a lot of fun - we will have to check it out! Was it priced fairly well? I think the pic of you standing behind your cake is gorgeous! You look great! Happy Birthday again!
We are so happy you had a fun celebration. It sounds like you did alot of things to celebrate your birthday. We love you!
Post a Comment