Many years ago a friend was getting rid of a crib that converted into a bed. We had a crib but I went ahead and accepted it for the full size bed in the future. All these years we have stored this bed and all the pieces. Nolan has been asking for a bigger bed lately. I have thought about buying a full size mattress but didn’t want to spend the money right now. I happen to see someone in the neighborhood was getting rid of a full size mattress that was barely used and in great shape. I claimed it and Nolan was so excited. He slept on it on the floor of his room while we found time to get the bed all put together. I ordered a box spring from amazon and got it all assembled. We started to work on the bed and realized finding the correct hardware was tricky. We finally got all the correct pieces to assemble the bed. Once it was all together we went to put the box spring on. It was too wide for the bed frame. We couldn’t believe it! We measured and sure enough the bed frame was not a standard full size bed. We were so frustrated. We took it apart and JJ took it to the dumpster behind his office. I took apart the box spring and returned it. We ordered a platform bed frame off amazon and it was so easy to put together. It was a hassle. We couldn’t believe we stored that bed for 9 years to then throw it away. Nolan loves his new bed. I was able to sell his old bed and use that money for the new bed frame. I feel blessed to have received this mattress for him and it makes him so happy. We can snuggle together now as we read at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment