Friday we all enjoyed sleeping in. We got up early and made sure Lucy had something to eat so she could take her pain medicine. We then went back to sleep. After breakfast Lucy relaxed and iced her face while JJ and I got a little exercise in down in the fitness room. I know that sitting around the house is not Lucy's favorite thing. I suggested we get out and have a change of scenery after lunch. The house always gives a gift to the kids when we check in. They thought Lucy was a little old for a toy and blanket, so they offered her a gift card. She picked out a Target gift card. There is a Target just down the street and I thought it would be fun to let her go pick something out. We walked around Target, and she picked out some new earrings, some rings and a makeup blush stick. JJ was hopeful he would find some Wisconsin University shirts there but no luck. We decided to go to the university gift shop. They didn't have great parking options so we just parked and figured we wouldn't be in there very long. The gift shop was under the stadium, you could see the football field from the store. JJ and Lucy both picked out a t-shirt and Lucy got a decal for the back of her car. We walked out and found a parking ticket on our car. We were so bummed! We should have just downloaded the parking ap and paid for parking. It was just such a hassle. We weren't even in the store for more than 20 minutes. The parking ticket was for $30, nothing to do about it but pay it. So frustrating. We then had to stop by the hospital pharmacy to pick up some more medicine for Lucy. Then she wanted an Orange Julius for a snack. Her lips were super sore and eating/drinking through a straw was all she could really do. We went back to the room for naps, that outing was exhausting for her. It really takes a while for the anesthesia to get out of your system. We had dinner, face timed with everyone back home. Nolan would try to facetime us all the time. He missed us so much. That evening the family room was finally available, so we went in there to watch a movie together. We watched "The Art of Racing in the Rain". By time it was over we were all ready for bed. We had a busy day and I think it was also fun. I think it was really helpful for Lucy to get out and run a few errands. I always explain to JJ how when we were there for her first surgery we sat in our room for days and days. It was very hard. There are some hard memories of recovering in the Ronald McDonald house. I am hopeful we can create more happy and fun memories there too that will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment