February first I knew they were going to start working on Lucy’s surgery agreement. I called Dr. Siebert’s office and left a message with Barb. Making sure they had everything and if they needed anything let me know. That Friday, the third, I was at Aldi bagging my groceries when I got a call from WI. It was Barb and she asked me if I had recently had any good news in my life. I told her no and she said well did you know Lucy’s surgery was approved? I gasped loudly and asked her if she was serious. I must have gasped pretty loud because the other people bagging their groceries looked over at me. She told me that everything was signed and all agreements were made. I was shocked! She said it was the letter from the in network doctor that gave immediate approval. She said it was all of our hard work, it paid off! I was so excited to find Lucy was home and couldn’t wait to share the news with her. I ran in the house and called her down. She immediately started to cry and was so excited. It was such a sweet moment to share with her.
Receiving this news literally lifted a weight off our shoulders. JJ and I had just been talking about what would happen if it was denied. We would be forced to decide if we wanted to go forward and if we did it would be a cash pay. When you take a cash pay agreement it has to be paid in full up front. It was stressful to think about. When I received the news I thought wow, that’s the fastest an agreement has ever been made. I was then reminded that it was actually the longest. We worked all summer last year and then into the fall with the appointments with the in network doctor. It was hard to consider another doctor and go down that path. I was prompted to see that other doctor and explore that option. I now know we needed to do that to have this result. Heavenly Father knew the path and outcome and we just needed to be patient. It seems that the timing was not right or we had some lessons to learn along the way. I know his timing is always perfect. We are so thankful to have this agreement made and the stress for our family taken away. We are looking forward to this surgery for Lucy in just a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment