After returning home from the playground we walked in the house and Lucy ran upstairs. I then heard shortly after a cry for help. She came downstairs where I discovered she had put a small rock up her nose. I tried to get her to blow out--she doesn't know how to do this and ended up sucking it in farther. I tried to reach it with a tweezers but it was to far up there. I then decided we should just head to the urgent care. When we got there and sat down I noticed it was coming down. JJ came down to help, luckily it happened at lunch time. By time he got there it looked like if we did have a tweezers we could probably just pull it out on our own. JJ tried and Lucy said she just wanted to Dr to do it. I then tried to get it by putting my finger on top of the rock to keep it from going father up. I then was just able to grab it and pull it out! It looked like a bean and was actually pretty big to stick up a nose of a 3 year old. I hope we have learned our lesson!Friday, October 16, 2009
Where else are you suppose to put a small rock?
After returning home from the playground we walked in the house and Lucy ran upstairs. I then heard shortly after a cry for help. She came downstairs where I discovered she had put a small rock up her nose. I tried to get her to blow out--she doesn't know how to do this and ended up sucking it in farther. I tried to reach it with a tweezers but it was to far up there. I then decided we should just head to the urgent care. When we got there and sat down I noticed it was coming down. JJ came down to help, luckily it happened at lunch time. By time he got there it looked like if we did have a tweezers we could probably just pull it out on our own. JJ tried and Lucy said she just wanted to Dr to do it. I then tried to get it by putting my finger on top of the rock to keep it from going father up. I then was just able to grab it and pull it out! It looked like a bean and was actually pretty big to stick up a nose of a 3 year old. I hope we have learned our lesson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Poor Lucy! I guess she'll have to get rid of her rock family now!
oh, that would not feel good. poor thing. glad it came out ok!!
Oh my gosh, sad!! I am so glad you were able to get it out and everything was ok. I'm sure I will be in the same situation as you someday!
Ha! That's really funny. I'm glad you got a picture of it! hehe That'll be a story for her fiance one day huh?
Oh scary! Glad you got it out.
Good job! Lincoln did that with a small car tire and I had to "surgically" remove it. I don't think he was scared enough though, so I don't think he fully learned his lesson. :) Where do kids think of these things??
That is funny.. I think every kid has to find out the hard way...
man, she is having a hard time. rocks in the nose and stitches. she's an adventurous one. you must be busy.
Post a Comment