We have all been fighting colds at our house the past couple of days. We had a rough night last night and didn't get much rest . We took today off Church (except JJ had to go teach the young men the last hour) and rested ,trying to get feeling better before we started another week. JJ got home and we ate lunch together. We then decided since the sun actually came out and the weather was so nice today that we should go for a walk around the neighborhood and get some fresh air. JJ took Garrett and Lucy out in the garage to get them in the stroller. JJ said to Lucy are you going to wear a jacket, I said yes she needs to wear a jacket it is chilly and she is getting over a cold. He told her to come back in the house and get her jacket. I was standing right there at the coat closet, I got her jacket and turned around to see Lucy running and then she slipped and fell smacking her forehead right on the brick step going from the garage to the house. I ran over and picked her up--immediately seeing how deep it was. Luckily we had a rag in the garage and we were able to put that right on it and apply some pressure. We hurried and got he car and went straight to the ER--I could tell this was to deep for a band aid or the urgent care. We waited for several hours and then we went back and sat in a room. The nurse thought since it was such a clean cut he might be able to glue it together. She asked if Lucy would leave it alone enough to not pick at it. But we needed to see what the Dr thought. Several more hours later the Dr finally came in and looked at it. He thought it was to deep for the glue-and he also said that with girls he likes to just put a stitch or two in because he can get a tighter heal and it will just heal better and not scar as much. I was happy to hear that it would look better with a stitch. I was thinking that the glue might not be enough and I didn't want to have to come back if it re-opened. Waited several more hours and they were able to numb it with a topical. They then came and put 2 stitches in. She was very very brave and held very still! They gave her a Popsicle and we were sent home. We left the house at 1 in the afternoon and arrived back at 6--just in time to warm up some good chicken noodle soup and get a couple hours of relaxation in before we start another busy week. Hopefully this week will not involve rocks in the nose, colds or stitches. 

Sweet little Lucy while waiting in the ER waiting room!
18 comments:
You have had quite a week. Sweet little Lucy, that is quite the bump/gash on her head. I hope she feels well soon and you can all sleep well.
Wow, what a day! I just wanted to cry when I saw Lucy's poor little face. I am so glad she was so brave for you. Get better soon!
Look at that little face! I bet this day felt reaaaaally long, didn't it?
I hope everyone starts to feel better, especially you because you don't get a break!
Oh now! Poor little Lucy!
Oh poor Lucy! That's so sad. The ER wait time here in less than 31 minutes--I AM NOT KIDDING. It's crazy. Glad she was brave!
You've had a busy week. Glad Lucy will be ok. Reese had to have 3 stitches in her nose when she was a year old, and now you can hardly see the scar. They fade pretty well when they are this young. :) don't worry!
Poor girl! I had to get stitches in my head when I was younger too. Glad she's doing ok! Sorry for the rough day!
Oh, so sad! I hope she feels better and that you all have a better week!
Poor girl - she looks so sad in that picture. Hopefully this week goes a little better for you!
Poor little girl! How scary. I'm glad she is okay!
Poor Lucy!!! (and poor Lucy's parents too) I bet you're all getting sick of doctor's waiting rooms by now.
Yikes i hope this week goes better for you too! Poor Lucy ouch.
That is one sad picture! I do believe that's the only picture that I've seen of her not smiling! Good luck this week.
Oh no! Not fun for anyone in this situation. I hope it heals well!!
Ouch poor thing! I am sorry about your day. Hopefully this week will be better! About the nose and rock story, we had a neighbor kid sitck a rock up his nose and it kept getting pushed up so high they finally had to do surgery because it was so stuck. Good thing you were able to get it out of Lucy's nose!
Looking at her little eyes just made me want to cry. I'm sorry you had to go through with all that.
lucy, i'm so sorry. sam had to get stitches this summer. it was not fun. i'm glad you were brave. feel better soon.
mi
POOR LITTLE THING...but what a cute picture of her with her little red nose from crying! i love her!!
Post a Comment