Nolan asked to have a birthday party with some friends this year. It has been a few years since we have had a party for him. I mentioned doing a swimming party at the Renaud center and he liked that idea. It was so easy for us, and we didn't have to worry about weather. They provided the cake, the party room and the party favors. All we had to do was show up on the day of the party. We got some invitations and invited all the boys in his class and some friends from church and our neighbor. We know it is busy with so many things going on, we are thankful we had a pretty good turnout. We started in the party room and had cake and then let Nolan open his presents. His friends were so excited to have him open the presents they got. I think it is so fun when both kids are so excited. Giving a gift truly is so fun and can be just as rewarding as getting the gift. He got lots of Pokémon things, his friends know he loves Pokémon! We then went and swam for a few hours. The boys loved the waterslide and would go down it over and over again. They had a blast swimming around. We had a talk with Nolan before the party about making sure all his friends felt included. It can be tricky to have friends that don't all know each other. Nolan's response to the conversation was "how about I introduce everyone to and then we can all be friends." That was a great answer and that was exactly what Nolan ended up doing. All the boys became friends and swam together! The party was a success, and I am glad Nolan had a fun time. He is such a sweet boy, and I am glad we could continue to celebrate his birthday with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment