Sunday, May 29, 2022

Lucy is almost done with her weekly injections.  She has been struggling with them a lot lately.  It has been hard mentally and physically.  We have already discussed being done with them in a month or so.  Seeing how hard this has been for her mentally, we are even more sure that we need to stop.  We told her to finish strong.  We talked with her and counted out how many weeks she has left.  We are down to the hardest part, the end.  We are trying hard to be her cheerleaders and keep her going and motivated to finish.  Keeping the end goal in sight.  I know that I can't be the only one doing that for her.  I reached out to her seminary teachers and YW leaders, letting them know we are in the final stretch.  I asked them to also help us cheer her on and send her positive thoughts, quotes and scriptures to help her stay positive.  They have been so awesome doing that for her.  I know that has been so helpful for her and for me.  I know I am not always going to be able to be everything for my kids.  One of her YW leaders thanked me for giving her this opportunity to be involved in this for Lucy.  It has helped her so much to know this trial.  Supporting Lucy has helped her fulfill her baptism covenants and calling better.  I told Lucy she can do anything she wants to help her get through these final weeks.  She has slept through church and given her body the rest she needs after her injections, and that is ok with us.  I have tried to have snacks in the home for her that she will want to eat.  Sunday after sleeping almost all day I know she was going to need a little pick me up.  I made homemade pretzels for her, and she was so excited.  I am trying to think of little things like that, I want her to know we are here for her and want to support her.  I know this is a hard trial for Lucy.  It is also hard on our family.  We miss the old Lucy, and wish she felt better.  I especially miss the family time on Sunday, Lucy spends much of Sundays not feeling well.      







 

No comments: