We were so glad we could drive up to Springfield for the day for Addie's baptism. It is nice to have them close by that we can make the trip easily. Addie asked me to give the talk on baptism and I was happy to. We arrived just in time for the baptism. Sadly, Lucy couldn't join us because she had a basketball game that she didn't want to miss. I was the first speaker and then we walked down the hall to see Addie get baptized. While Addie was being baptized, I felt the spirit so strong. I knew mom was there. It is the first time I have really been able to feel mom's presence like that. It was so special, and I am glad I could recognize it. My Dad played his guitar and sang the primary song "I will walk with Jesus". It was my favorite part of the program. I had to hold back tears. The spirit was so strong. I could tell that my dad was also holding back emotion as he played and sang. It was such a sweet and special program. After the program was over Addie came over and was talking to me and my dad. We both commented that Grandma was here. She said "yes, she was sitting in the back." Addie is right, Grandma was there sitting in the back. She was here for the special day. She wouldn't have missed it. I am so glad Addie told me that. It is so neat to see the sweet spirit of children. We had some refreshments in the gym and had a nice time visiting with people from their ward. Several people commented how strong the spirit was at the baptism. It was neat that others could feel it. We went back to Lauren and Braden's house for the afternoon. They ordered Chipotle for everyone, and it was so good. It was so fun for all the kids to run around and play outside. Thankfully the weather was nice, we have had so much rain lately. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing afternoon. We headed home that evening. It was such a nice trip, and I will always remember the special experiences I had there that day.
Monday, May 9, 2022
Addie's Baptism
We were so glad we could drive up to Springfield for the day for Addie's baptism. It is nice to have them close by that we can make the trip easily. Addie asked me to give the talk on baptism and I was happy to. We arrived just in time for the baptism. Sadly, Lucy couldn't join us because she had a basketball game that she didn't want to miss. I was the first speaker and then we walked down the hall to see Addie get baptized. While Addie was being baptized, I felt the spirit so strong. I knew mom was there. It is the first time I have really been able to feel mom's presence like that. It was so special, and I am glad I could recognize it. My Dad played his guitar and sang the primary song "I will walk with Jesus". It was my favorite part of the program. I had to hold back tears. The spirit was so strong. I could tell that my dad was also holding back emotion as he played and sang. It was such a sweet and special program. After the program was over Addie came over and was talking to me and my dad. We both commented that Grandma was here. She said "yes, she was sitting in the back." Addie is right, Grandma was there sitting in the back. She was here for the special day. She wouldn't have missed it. I am so glad Addie told me that. It is so neat to see the sweet spirit of children. We had some refreshments in the gym and had a nice time visiting with people from their ward. Several people commented how strong the spirit was at the baptism. It was neat that others could feel it. We went back to Lauren and Braden's house for the afternoon. They ordered Chipotle for everyone, and it was so good. It was so fun for all the kids to run around and play outside. Thankfully the weather was nice, we have had so much rain lately. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing afternoon. We headed home that evening. It was such a nice trip, and I will always remember the special experiences I had there that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment