Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bike Riding and Puzzles

JJ used his birthday money to get some new things for his bike.  He got some new pedals and a new seat.  Jordan helped him fit his new seat to his bike.  They have been trying to find a time to go riding together for a while now.  The weather has been nice and it was in the forecast to get pretty cold the next week.  We headed down there Saturday afternoon so they could go riding together.  My Dad joined them to and it was a nice boys activity.  They had a beautiful ride and they had a lot of fun riding together.  I know they all enjoyed going and doing something fun.  JJ said it worked good, they all rode at different paces but would stop and regroup after a little while. 
 We bought a nice bike for Lucy a few weeks ago from some friends.  She is pretty excited about it, it has hand breaks and gears.  JJ said she could now go ride on some trails with him.  That made her pretty excited.  We bought her bike down with us too.  When they got back from their ride JJ and Lucy rode around the woods behind my parents house a little bit.  Lucy was excited to try her bike out on something other then pavement or gravel.  JJ said it was a good start for her.  They had a lot of fun and Lucy loved it.
 We started this puzzle last weekend and slowly over the week people have been putting in pieces here and there.  I told my Mom we should finish it.  It still had a ways to go but I told her we could work really hard on it and finish it tonight.  It was pretty tricky, there was a lot of white building pieces and a lot of trees.  We brought down some pizza and had a nice time visiting, eating and working on the puzzle.  JJ helped us at the end so we could finish it.  It was so fun to work hard and get it finished, it turned out really good.

I had an interesting talk with my Mom while they boys were riding their bikes.  We were talking about when she was asleep in the hospital.  I asked her if she could hear us talking to her and what she remembered about the whole thing.  It was interesting to hear her side of things.  She also asked me questions about what it was like for us while she was in the hospital.  There were a lot of details she didn't know.  There were lots of things I didn't know as well.  She said some really neat things and it was an emotional conversation that was really special.  I love her so much and I am so thankful for this opportunity we have to spend time with her here.  I am having a really fun time getting to spend time with her.

No comments: