My Aunt Val came in town from California to help with my Mom. It was so nice and helpful to have her come. It was also so nice to see her and visit with her. It is fun to hear how things are going for her and her family back home. It was so nice of her to take the time to come, we all really appreciated her so much. She was so good with helping my Mom become more independent with taking care of herself. I am not sure that is something we would have thought to do. I don't think we realized how important that was or that she was ready or even that we needed to make that step. She worked with her to be able to do her medications and feedings independently. We will still supervise them and be there for her if she needs help. Doing simple things for herself can be like little exercises for her. It will also help her become stronger and be able to return to the way she was quicker. It is amazing how well she is doing and how well she is recovering. She still has her delays and difficulties but we hope with time her body and mind will remember more. She was able to sign off of the physical and occupational therapist this week, which is excellent! She can even take small sips of water now, which is a wonderful and huge milestone. She will continue with the speech therapist and her home nurse.
It was nice to be able to spend time with Val while she was here. We got together over the weekend and I saw her during the days I was able to go out to the house. They also came over to my house, which was fun to be able to show them where we live. I always like to see where people live, it is nice to be able to have that association with them. I know my Mom commented to me that she loved the time she was able to spend with her. It was a great visit and I am so grateful for her and the wonderful example she is to me.

1 comment:
That picture of you and your dad is so sweet. That's good news about your mom. I keep praying she'll have a full recovery! You look great! Live your outfit
Post a Comment