Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Solo Concert

This semester I participated in the Solo concert put on by the community college.  I choose not to do it last year because of the time commitment.  We received our music and rehearsed as an orchestra for 3 weeks.  We had 8 piece we were learning and would be accompanying soloists.  Some of the songs came easy and others were tricky to learn.  There were only two second violins which made us feel the need to really nail our parts.  I worked hard learning them the best I could.  It was a short amount of time for me to get them perfect.  I knew the parts that I would need to be perfect at and practiced those.  The week of the concert we rehearsed every evening for two and a half hours along with the soloist.   It was a big time commitment but the rehearsals were very productive and helped me a lot to hear it all come together.  Friday evening we had our concert.  My parents came as well as JJ and the kids.  We were in a different auditorium which wasn't the best for acoustics but my family liked that for the first time they were actually able to see me play.  The soloists were amazing and it was a wonderful concert.  I was thankful for my stand partner who came from the philharmonic to come play with me.  He was much better at counting and kept the beat really well.  He also played out in parts that were easy to get lost.  I was very pleased with how I played and the music was very enjoyable to learn.  My family commented that this was their favorite concert so far that I have done.  We had a reception with cookies and punch after, that is my kids favorite part.  I am thankful for the support of my family.  Not only in coming to the concert but during the week as I was gone each night.  I am also glad my parents came and supported me, it always means a lot to know someone in the audience is there for me.     







No comments: