Lucy got a calligraphy book for Christmas and she has been working on it. The book came with a different projects to do and she has been having fun learning. I found this cute note on my mirror that she wrote for me.
We had some really cold weather come through our area. The actual temperature was -5 in the morning and it felt like -25. They canceled school for 2 days due to the cold weather. I tried to keep the kids busy with fun things at the house. Although they mostly hung out, watched movies and played together. We did make some pinecone bird feeders and hung them on the trees for the birds. The birds ate the bird seed of so fast!
Nolan and I painted one morning. He painted with finger paint on tin foil and then we pressed paper on the tin foil to make a print. When the weather is so cold I have to be creative to keep him busy and not in front of the TV or tablet to much. Thank goodness for preschool to get him out of the house and doing fun things.
Nolan also liked to play chess, he does pretty good. He understands the pieces and how they can move. The logic and thinking ahead with moves not so much. We had fun playing a few games together. I had to keep my eye on him to make sure he was moving them correctly. Mostly he loves to play with me. I know my kids favorite thing is my time, anytime I will give them they will love.
I asked for Nolan's help doing the dishes one morning. I had lots of chores to tackle and I thought it would be best to involve him. He was so excited and loved rinsing all the dishes for me. He even put them in the dishwasher. I had to go back and rearrange them all but he loved being my helper.
Our good friends the Navarro's are moving to Texas for a new job. Eli played with us on our sand volleyball team and we have had a fun time getting to know them. The Elmore's hosted a potluck going away dinner for them. We had a fun night hanging out with our Missouri River Ward friends and eating yummy food.
No comments:
Post a Comment