Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentines Day

Valentines was a pretty typical Tuesday for us.  Since JJ and I had already gone out we tried to make the holiday fun for the kids.  Lucy had her school party on Monday and Garrett had his on Tuesday.  They both looked forward to them and had a lot of fun.  They love to look at all the fun valentines they get from their friends.  JJ came home for lunch and brought me some flowers and some perfume.  We exchanged cards but didn't do anything big for each other.  I always enjoy having pretty flowers in the kitchen.  I had put together some Valentines for the kids and Nolan helped me make some homemade cards for each kid.  We picked up some balloons from the dollar store after the gym and Nolan was so excited about them.  While Nolan was napping I put together a scavenger hunt for them to do all together when Lucy and Garrett got home from school. They were excited to do the scavenger hunt together.  I had to keep reminding Garrett to wait and stay by us.  Nolan loved participating and loved the excitement of everything.  At the end of the scavenger hunt they found their balloons and Valentines.  Their bags were filled with candy and their own small box of chocolates.  Nothing fancy but they love it each year and its fun to do for them.  Even as they get older they still think its so fun.  

For dinner we made our traditional heart shaped pizzas.  They each made their own little one and we made one big one.  Its funny how things become traditions and then each year the kids look forward to simple things like pizza.  We hurried and ate our pizza dinner together and headed off to piano.  After piano JJ and I enjoyed sitting down and watching our show on TV together.  It was a nice relaxing holiday and I am glad we were able to help make it fun for the kids.   



No comments: