Saturday, February 18, 2017

Valentines Day Activity

In my efforts to do more with Nolan I signed us up for a Valentines Day activity.  We participate in the parents as teachers program and every month they have little activities you can sign up for.  This was our first time coming to one of their activities.  They had so many cute little activities for the kids to do.  Nolan has almost no attention span so we went from activity to activity pretty quick.  Some stations he didn't even want to do.  We did a painting project with cookie cutters, color matched hearts and he liked the cute sensory bin they had out.  He kept trying to eat the conversation hearts at the matching activity.  His favorite thing to do was go across the balance beam toy.   





He did really enjoy going and I'm glad we went.  I made the mistake of telling him that morning that we were going to a valentines day party.  He kept saying something about cake while we were there and I didn't put it together until the end.  We were walking out and he said "now we can go to the party and have cake?"  I should have just called it an activity.  All these birthday celebrations has cake on his mind. We signed up for another one in March and I will not make the mistake of calling it a party.

No comments: