Thursday, February 9, 2017

Bad Gas

Thursday JJ came home from seminary and told me his car died while driving.  He said it was so weird!  Thankfully there weren't many cars on the road and he was able to push it back into a turn lane.  Someone stopped to help him get it started again and he was able to make it to and from seminary ok.  He drove it to work Thursday with no problems.  I drove it to the gym Friday morning and then had a doctors appointment about 15 minutes down the highway.  I was a little worried about driving it to my appointment.  In fact I said the family prayer that morning and blessed me to be safe driving to my appointment.  I made it there just fine but when I came out to drive home I couldn't get the car to start.  It tried to start but just as it tried it died and just couldn't get going.  I called JJ and he headed to come help me.  When he got there he tried several times to jump it and the more we tried the less it seemed willing to start.  It was so crazy to have car troubles since his car it new.  Thankfully we have road side assistance with our car insurance so we were able to have a tow truck come meet us.  JJ was accidentally put on the schedule that Friday and he agreed to go in that afternoon since it was booked full.  We were glad the tow truck showed up quickly so JJ wouldn't be late heading into work.  The tow truck guy seemed to think it had something to do with the fuel pump but we really had no idea.  He towed it to the dealership since the car is under warranty.  Even with the frustrations of car trouble there were so many reasons to be thankful.  My prayer had been answered and I was able to make my appointment on time with no troubles getting there.  I was so thankful it happened in the parking lot and not on the side of the highway.  I was so thankful to have JJ available to come help me.  Later that day we heard from the dealership that the gas in the car was bad.  It was low on ethanol.  JJ had filled up Thursday morning on his way to seminary, which makes sense.  His car died just blocks away from the gas station.  The dealership had to completely flush out the bad gas.  They were so good with documenting everything and saving gas sample for us.  We were able to pick up a car to borrow and they were finished with his car the next day.  Thankfully nothing was wrong with the car other then the bad gas.  There should be no long term problems because of it.  It was not a cheap repair.  We have been working with the gas station to hopefully be reimbursed for the repairs.  Even though the gas station is so close to our house we will no longer get gas there in the future. 

No comments: