Monday morning as we were packing the kids backpacks for school I noticed a homework sheet in Lucy's folder. This is the first time homework has ever come home on the weekends. Lucy started to get upset immediately realizing there was no way she would complete it in time to turn it in. She left for the bus in tears and she asked her teacher if she could turn it in on Tuesday. Thankfully her teacher let her and we have learned our lesson about checking for weekend homework. Monday evening I sat down to help Lucy with her long division. I felt like I had to dust off the cobwebs in my "mom brain" to help her. I called a friend who's daughter is in the same class as Lucy to make sure they were doing it the same way we learned how many years ago. Thankfully they were and as time went on it came back to me thankfully. We worked for about 1 1/2 hours on that worksheet, I hope she appreciates the time I gave to her alone.
Our weather has still been very warm and summer like, in the 90's! Not like fall at all and it is hard to think September is coming to an end. Wednesday is the day I don't go to the gym so Nolan and I headed to the park for some fresh air, exercise and playing at the playground. I pushed him in the stroller and ran a few miles around the park, it felt good and Nolan enjoyed looking around at everything. We then played at the playground for a little while until we got to hot and then headed home. It was a fun change of pace and nice to get out of the house.
Garrett is enjoying his Taekwondo class at the Renaud Center. He likes being a ninja and learning new moves each week. He only has one class left and I will be curious to see if this is something he wants to continue. We ran into his teacher at the grocery store the next day. She said she loves having Garrett in her class. She said he is always so excited to be there and has such a light in his eye. He really does! He is such a sweet boy and I hope he always keeps that light in his eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment