Thursday, September 15, 2016

Dirt Bikes

Friday night we took dinner over to my parents house.  It has been a while since we have visited just on our own.  We have been able to see them with so much family in town but it is nice to visit when things aren't so hectic.  We had a yummy dinner with everyone and then headed outside to play.  Jordan has a fun new remote control car.  It's huge and fun to drive around with all their space.  They also got out the dirt bikes to ride.  Lucy drove the little one with some help from Jordan.  She did pretty well, it is really to big for her.  She doesn't know how to shift it yet.  It was fun to see Jordan running behind her on the bike.  They have a mini bike they need to work on and get running.  The kids would have a blast riding it.  I have never driven a dirt bike and decided to give it a try.  Jordan explained it all to me and then I slowly figured it out.  I had fun riding it around!  I was not the smoothest shifter but did pretty good.  I think being able to drive a manual car made it easier for me.  I didn't crash or fall off so it was overall a success.  It was fun and JJ was impressed I did it.  I usually don't try new things so he was surprised when I said I would do it. We then went to the grocery store with Courtney for some ice cream.  Lucy and Garrett came and helped pick out some good flavors.  We came back with a good variety and some popsicles.  It was fun to have a little ice cream party before heading home.  It is always a fun time at Grandma and Grandpa's.      



No comments: