Friday morning Garrett and I still weren't feeling supper great. I decided to get us out of the house. I had a coupon for Joanne's and I needed a few things to get working on some projects. I called my Mom and we meet up with her at the store. Garrett was not thrilled about going, I could tell he didn't feel well still but he was happy to see Grandma. We did our shopping and then went over to their house to visit for a short while.
That night JJ really wanted to get out of the house and go somewhere new! We had some birthday shopping to do and we had all been stuck in the house all week. I went along with it even though we still were not feeling hot and we usually stay home on Friday nights to watch a movie together. JJ decided he wanted to go to The Galleria, a mall about 40 minutes from where we live. So we went, and it was really frustrating. It is a fancier mall and I grew more disappointed as we went into more stores to find things that cost to much money. We thought about getting a small treat, also not a fan of since Garrett and I didn't feel well. We then decided to leave. Tired, and frustrated we decided to go to Burger King across the street to see if we could get the kids a shake or something. JJ missed the turn and said oh well we will look for something different. He then missed the turn for the highway, oh well he would just have to turn around. When you miss the exit you then just have to go turn around pretty much at the airport. We pulled into the airport and JJ starts looking at his phone. I then kind of realized, we are here to pick someone up!! I was still kind of frustrated with the horrible shopping experience and I don't love surprises so I was getting upset at JJ. I just wanted to know what we were doing there and who was here to visit. He didn't say anything! We finally got up close to the pick up area and I saw Cara! I was so happy to see her! JJ had arranged the whole thing with Cara and had been planning this for months. It was such a wonderful surprise and I really was SO surprised! I was so happy to hear she would be with us for a couple of days. I thought it was such a sweet thing for JJ to do for my Birthday. I have been struggling to find great friends like I had when we lived in Southaven and I was so happy to have one of them here to do fun things with! We did stop by Sonic to get something for the kids before heading home. Luckily JJ and Lucy picked up the house since I came home and started to sew some of my projects that afternoon. I think JJ was a little worried when he got home and discovered I had been crafting and making a mess.
3 comments:
I am so happy it all worked out! Now next time we can plan a place to meet up and have a girls weekend! Looking forward to the next trip :)
What a fun surprise!!! Way to go JJ! Seeing friends really is the best. Savannah flew to Albuquerque to spend the day with me yesterday. It was so nice to see a familiar face!
fun surprise!
Post a Comment