Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dance Recital

Saturday was Lucy's dance recital.  She has been taking dance this past year and has really enjoyed it.  She has never shown us any dance moves or anything she has been learning so we were really looking forward to seeing her dance. I would ask her if she needed to be practicing, she said she would just practice the dances in her head. JJ and I would joke that she really wasn't learning anything or even wonder if she liked it.  She always looked forward to dance and said she enjoyed it but just didn't want to dance for us. Her teacher said some kids are just like that. I am thinking maybe she danced in her room when we weren't watching.
  She was really excited to have Cara here to be able to watch her dance.  My family was out of town and so it was fun to have someone special there. 
 
When they all came out Lucy was so nervous.  It looked like she was going to just start to cry.  JJ and I were nervous that she would start to cry but she got over it and did a great job! What a big deal for a 6 year old to get out on a stage and dance in front of all those people.  They did 3 dances and they alternated with another class so they could change costumes.  The first dance was a jazz dance.  It was really cute! I could tell as she was dancing that she really knew the dances and would be right on beat with the music.  All of the kids had their eyes glued to the teacher to watch the next move but I think they really knew them.
 The second dance they did was a ballet, I thought it was really cute!
 The last dance was a hip hop dance, Lucy said this was her favorite.  She did a good job, I think she is a great dancer!
 It was so fun to be able to watch her dance.  I think it is just so neat to be able to watch your kids do something that they have practiced so hard for.  We were so proud of her getting up there and dancing.
 Here is her teacher, Ms. Debbie.  We go to church with their family and Lucy just adores her.  She does a great job teaching the class. I am so glad we had Lucy take dance it has been a great experience.  
 
We got Lucy a bunch of flowers, she thought that was really special. I have really enjoyed them as well.  They have been such a pretty bunch of flowers and opened up so big!
 
 

 After the dance recital the weather was so nice we headed to the park to let the kids play for a while.  It was packed, you can just tell everyone is so ready for spring to be here.  We then headed to Deweys Pizza for dinner.  We got a variety of pizza and it was all so delicious.  I was still not feeling all that great so I was glad we had leftover for the next day so I could enjoy it.  
Check out all that cheese hanging from her pizza!
 Cara and I were going to head out to a movie that night but I just wasn't feeling up to it.  We stopped by the grocery store for some candy and a Redbox.  We drove her by where my parents live since we were out that way and then headed home to relax and watch our movie together.  It was nice to be able to just hang out with Cara all day. 

No comments: