Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday Heather

Wednesday we celebrated my 30th birthday! We had a really busy week surrounding my birthday so I wanted to take the day to just relax and not pack it full of stuff.  We started with our traditional birthday donuts, the kids were thrilled! Garrett and I then headed to the gym.  With being sick the week before I was exited to make it to my favorite class that morning. Later that morning Garrett helped me make frosting for the cake! He loves to help me in the kitchen and was really excited to help with the frosting.  JJ came home to have lunch with us.  He made me lunch and then frosted the cake with Garrett.  It was fun to see him and spend some time with him in the middle of the day. 

That afternoon I worked on a few small projects but mostly just relaxed.  I enjoyed talking with friends and family during the day.  It is always fun to visit with everyone on your birthday.  We then headed to Red Robins for dinner.  We were all looking forward to going out to eat and we all arrived starving!  
I always love a good burger and I love the Whisky River burger they have there.  We all ate until we were stuffed, it was delicious! 
 

After dinner we headed home to have cake and ice cream together.  Garret had been looking forward to a piece of cake all day.  He asked me all afternoon if he could sing to me so he could have a piece. 

I enjoyed opening all the nice cards that came in the mail.  I always save all my cards to open with gifts.  I enjoy reading all the nice things people write in the cards.  JJ and the kids worked hard shopping for some nice gifts for me.  I love that they put so much thought and effort into it.  They picked me out a new Jessica Simpson purse and some new Burberry perfume.  I love them both, they did a great job! I had such a wonderful day celebrating with the family.  I can't believe I am 30! I hope the 30's are just as great at the 20's were.


1 comment:

Brittany H said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a great day! And congratulations on the house. I am so excited for you. It is so nice to see things working out for our friends! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!