The kids love to play cars and it is funny to see some of the places they find on the house to set up their little houses. The other day they were all under the kitchen table. They have so much fun! I can't wait to have a little more space in our house. I don't mind them playing in odd places it is just hard to walk around them sometimes.
I just bought these stack able organizers to put under the bathroom sinks in our new house and the kids love them. Garrett thinks they are for him to play with. As soon as Lucy got home he showed her the new "toys" and they have been playing with them ever since. They are apartments and parking garages in their eyes. I might just have to go buy a few more for them to play with. They just love them.
Lucy had dress up week last week with Dr. Seuss's birthday. Thursday was trendy Thursday. We fixed her hair in a messy bun, put on colored denim and she wore her boots. I let her wear one of my necklaces that matched her purple outfit. We thought she looked so cute. Her day didn't end up being all that great. JJ went to the bus stop to pick her up and the bus was 20 minutes late coming home. As soon as she got off the bus JJ knew something was wrong. Lucy's face can't hide anything. She told him that the necklace broke and she was so nervous to tell me. When they got home she told me that on the bus ride to school she unzipped her jacket and the necklace got caught in the zipper and broke. All day I am sure she was so worried about breaking my necklace. I really didn't care, it was cheap and I knew letting her wear it that it might not come home in one piece but I thought it would be special for her. I feel so bad that all day she was so worried. She also got invited to another birthday party that day for one of her friends and it was on Sunday (all the parties of her friends so far have been on Sundays). She was so sad. I felt bad that the whole day seemed to just be so disappointing for her.
Friday night we thought it would be a special treat to order Pizza Hut pizza for dinner. We never order pizza and so to make our movie night a little more fun we ordered pizza and I picked up some ice cream at the store. JJ brought home our pizza and we enjoyed it and watched our family movie. Last weekend we watched Beethoven and the kids loved it. So this week we watched Beethoven 2nd. It was cute and the kids enjoyed it as well. As we were going to bed Lucy came down and said she didn't feel well. She said her throat hurt. She got a drink and went back to bed. That night she got up a couple of times and threw up. Poor Lucy! She woke up sick on Saturday and just laid around the house. She threw up several more times, she couldn't even keep down a couple sips of water. We all just lounged around the house all day! We watched several movies and enjoyed sitting by the fire. The whole day I think she was able to keep down 2 saltine crackers and a few sips of Gatorade. We all felt so sorry for her, she was miserable! I hate to see the kids sick.
Sunday morning Lucy woke up feeling better. We headed to church as a family and then enjoyed another day of lounging around at home. I really struggled with all this staying at home. I need to get out of my house and it was hard for me! Saturday afternoon I did run a few errands but I just wanted to get out as a family and do something fun. Garrett loves to be at home so he was in heaven and so does JJ. Sunday was nice to be able to get out to church. We made cookies in the afternoon and there was a lot of playing with Lincoln Logs and blocks. After dinner we played a game together and did some reading. It was a nice weekend at home all together.
This morning Lucy woke up not feeling well again. She is home from school, which she hates! I hope she can get some good rest today and feel better quickly!

No comments:
Post a Comment