While JJ was in Spokane we kept busy doing some fun things together. We missed him a lot and it is always hard for me to be a single parent as he is away. I was proud of myself for keeping things together and holding down the fort without having any major break downs. Thursday night we made pizza and enjoyed a movie together. Friday we got up and got things ready for Lucy to head to school. It was a lot of work to get her out the door and on the bus all by myself. I really appreciate all the help from JJ each morning. Garrett and I spent the day together working on a little project together. We went to the store and got these file boxes to reorganize our special papers. I have had them in binders, with the papers in sheet protectors. I have seen several boxes like these on Pinterest and other sites and thought they were such a great idea. I made a file for each school year and a couple other files I wanted to have, like medical papers and church. I made one for each of the kids and one for me and JJ. It was fun to look through all the papers and fun little projects the kids have done that I have wanted to save. JJ wrote me lots of letter when we were first dating and it was fun to look back through them. It was also fun to see all the cute cards we have given each other over the years. I am happy with how they turned out and it will be so nice to add to them over the years.
Friday night we went over to my parents house to spend time with them and have dinner. My sister Courtney was leaving on Saturday to head back to BYU so it was good to see her one last time before she left. It was so fun to see her over the holiday break and be able to do some fun things together. It was nice to be able to spend the evening with family and have dinner together. I was thankful for something fun to do that night to get us out of the house.
Saturday we kept busy with going to the gym in the morning and cleaning the house. In the afternoon I took the kids to see a movie. We saw "Rise of the Guardians", which was okay. The kids enjoyed it and looked forward to going to the movie theater all day. We made dinner and went to bed early that night, which was great since I had to work on my Sunday school lesson for church the next day. Church was switching to 9 AM and I was thankful to head to bed early to be able to get up and out the door on time the next day. I was exhausted Saturday evening and was so thankful that JJ would be home on Sunday. I think we were all in bed by 8:30, it was a long and lonely day!

1 comment:
I hate being a single parent, but to me it sounds like you were super productive which is awesome! Where did you get the bins?
Post a Comment