Lucy was off school for Martin Luther King day and we ran a few errands together that morning. We made a stop at Trader Joe's. The kids love to go there because they have the little shopping carts there. We had fun doing a little shopping there and then stopped at a local thrift store. They were having 1/2 off for the holiday and we scored a few good deals. After we were done there we headed over to have lunch with my parents. It was fun to visit with them for a little bit and worked out nice since we were out in their direction that day. Lucy and I worked on her 100 th day of school poster together that afternoon while watching the presidential inauguration.
Thursday night I went out with a fiend from high school. She lives in our neighborhood and also sells Mary Kay. She invited me to go be her model that night and it was a fun evening. We had a nice dinner there, did facials and then she did my make up. It was fun to visit with her and get out of the house that night. I wish I had tons of money because I would love to buy their skin care products.
Friday night JJ and I went out to celebrate my friend Maureen's 30th birthday. We took the kids over to my parents house and had dinner with them. The party wasn't until later and I like to eat an early dinner, so it worked out good to eat before going. The kids were excited to spend time with them while we were gone and it was nice to be able to go without them. We had a nice time at the party visiting with everyone that was there and of course seeing Maureen. It has been a while since we have gotten together so it was nice to catch up with her. Hopefully we can get together again soon and be able to visit more.
Saturday's are always busy at our house. JJ works in the morning and I take the kids with me to the gym. I have really started to enjoy the Saturday class and it is a nice break in the morning to take the the kids over there. That afternoon JJ helped a family move into our neighborhood. It is nice to be getting more ward members in our neighborhood. They moved in right behind us, we can see the back of their house from our back door and literally just walk over to their house from ours. I made a huge dinner that afternoon and we were able to share some with their family since they had just moved in. After dinner we headed over to a community activity. They had a family activity that ran all weekend called "Cabin Fever Daze" and it was a total flop. They advertisement sounded really fun and seemed like they had lots of fun activities planned. We are hoping since it was a beautiful day that it was busier before we got there. They were doing ice sculpture demos, snow shoeing obstacle course and had crafts for the kids. By time we got there they had outdoor ice skating, which was on some weird plastic and not even on real ice and then they had a fire performer. It was horrible and the fire dancers were really weird. It was sad because there was probably only like 20 people there and we left after being there about 30 minutes. We left and headed to walk around Target and then stopped at the grocery store for a treat to have when we got home.
The kids love this book "how things work" and ask to read it all the time. Garrett loves to get it off the shelf and just look at it. It has several pages of things like a toilet, airplane, escalators, water slides and several simple machines. There are flaps and simple explanations on how these things work . The kids love it and will now often tell me random things about how the toilet flushes and how the crane lifts things in the air. They are so curious and love to figure out how things work and I am so glad I got this book for them for Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment