Sunday night the gap in Lucy's mouth got a little bigger. She lost her second tooth, the lower one right next to the other one she already lost. It did not come out as easy as the first one. It ended up being a really sad experience for her but it literally was hanging on by a thread. I had to just reach in and pull it out. There was lots of tears and crying, thank goodness for black and white photos so you can't see the splotches on her face. Her gums were so swollen and tender and it had been bothering her for a while. She was glad to finally have it out. Since it has come out she has been able to eat so much better and her mouth doesn't hurt anymore. Thank goodness. After the traumatic event that was I am hoping she doesn't get another loose tooth for a while.
I was a dental assistant for a few years before having Lucy. She asked me once during this whole process of loosing those teeth lots of questions about her teeth. There was one question and I told her I didn't know. She said but aren't you a dentist. I laughed and told her no I use to be a dental assistant and they was a long time ago. She said oh I told my friends you were a dentist.
Since she lost her tooth on a Sunday and the tooth fairy didn't have any dollar bills I told JJ that maybe the tooth fairy cold just explain that they don't come pick up teeth on Sunday since we don't work on Sunday. JJ said no I am sure the tooth fairy can just borrow a dollar from her piggy bank, she will never know. Then just put it back and she will never know it was gone. I told him that I hope the tooth fairy didn't do that because I was sure Lucy would count all her dollars in the morning and would notice one was missing. Well I wasn't sure exactly what happened as I went to sleep. I did wake up in the morning and Lucy first thing waved a dollar bill in my face and said look what the tooth fairy brought me. She then said but it is the weirdest thing, I am missing a dollar out of my piggy bank! I said oh really! JJ said yeah it is strange but I told her to let me know exactly what was missing and I will give her the money so it is all there. I was just happy to know that I knew Lucy and I knew that something like a missing dollar would not slide past her.

No comments:
Post a Comment