Saturday, November 19, 2011

 This week I was really good about planning out some fun things to do with the kids. I gathered all my materials and printed things we would need at the beginning of the week, thanks to pinterest it was pretty easy to find some great ideas! So when we had down time we could just pick out what we wanted to do that day. For Garrett I also tried to plan a few more acitivites with him. Mostly just simple ones that I knew he would love to do while Lucy was at school. One day we water painted from our book. It has the paint already inbeded in the pages. He had a lot of fun and made sure to paint every spot!  I think we will make this a weekly activity since he loves it so much! Lucy came home from school and wanted to paint one too.
 Lucy loved this simple activity. We traced our hands and then used an ink pad to make our fingerprints. We enjoyed looking at all the lines in our fingerprints. She chose the red ink, which makes it look like our fingernails when you aren't up close.
 I printed out a fun color by letter turkey picture. This week Lucy has been pracitcing a lot at school for their upcoming Thanksgiving program so she was soaking up these fun little activities. Usually on busy work days at school she isn't all that interested in little things like that because she says it is just like school work. So it was fun to sit and color with her in the afternoon. She tells me the funniest things when we spend out time together. She tells me all about all the boys and girls who got in trouble at school that day and all the funny things that her friends said at school.  I really enjoy our time like that together.  I think it is fun we have each other to spend time with each afternoon.
 We made a rhyming tree. I printed out a tree and on each tree branch I wrote a word and then cut out leaves with words that rhymed with the words on the tree brances. It was good practive for her. She knew what ryhming words were but I could tell it was good for her to say the words and figure out which one they went to.  She did really well and is starting to recognize words when she see's them.

 Lucy wanted to take a picture of me and Garrett. Garrett had just woken up from his nap. Which is why he doesn't have any pants on. He gets really hot when he sleeps so I left his pants off that afternoon. We love to watch the old Dennis the Menace shows on TV each afternoon. I think they are so fun to watch and the kids love them as well. Lucy thinks Dennis is the funniest kid ever! Garrett usually wakes up while Lucy and I are just sitting down to watch and he loves to come sit and cuddle with me. I love that he loves to snuggle and be close to me. I just soak it up as we sit and watch our Dennis the Menace shows.  I know since he is growing up so fast pretty soon he won't fit upon my lap, or he may just not want to snuggle anymore.

2 comments:

The Sullengers said...

I love kid cuddle time! That will be one of the saddest days when Hudson won't want to cuddle with me :( Fun projects!

Rob and Marseille said...

you have some fun projects!