Today was a big day for Lucy, they had their Thanksgiving feast at school along with their Thanksgiving program. Garrett and I were able to go up to school to participate in the feast with Lucy's class. They had tons of yummy food brought in from Chick-fil-a and it was nice to not have to prepare lunch when we got home. 
Lucy's classmate jumped into this picture and it was so cute that he wanted to be in it. It was fun to see Lucy playing with her friends. I was happy to see that several friends invited her to play with them and just how many friends she had. I know she is a friendly girl but some of you know we struggled with her making new friends at school and she has really learned well how to make new friends this year. I am proud of her , this will be a skill that will always be needed in life!
She made a cute turkey hand with a fun poem. This is her teacher Ms. Amy helping her, Garrett even got to make one since he was there. They both turned out really cute!
This evening they had their Thanksgiving program. They have been learning songs and practicing for a long time. Lucy has been singing these songs for a while and we have been listening to the CD they sent home while driving in the car. It has been fun to see her so excited about participating in the program. I think she made a pretty cute Pilgrim!
They had some cute signs for the last song! I was proud of her singing, I could tell she really knew the songs.
After the program they had refreshments, it was a nice program and I thought it was nice to be able to attend as a family and especially fun to have Lucy learning the real meaning of why we celebrate Thanksgiving. She has been telling me the story about the Pilgrims and the Mayflower for the past week or so. It is fun to have her grow up so we can watch her participate in some fun productions.
1 comment:
she is a cute pilgrim! what a fun day
Post a Comment