Since we were all sick and getting over being sick on Halloween Lucy was home with us. We for the most part all seemed fine but just to be safe we all just hung out at home. Other then JJ who really had no choice and he went to work. With the morning all together we had some fun! We had to take JJ to pick up his car, we had new brakes put on over the weekend. After dropping him off we headed to Walmart to get some pumpkins to carve. JJ had carved our pumpkin the other night with the kids, but since we had time and I was sad that I missed out we picked up 2 more pumpkins. It was fun to have a morning with Lucy home with us, especially on a holiday.
I think this picture is so funny, she was grossed out at first and then got over it and did a good job cleaning out her pumpkin.
We used some easy patterns. She punched all the holes out on hers and then I cut out all the pieces.
That afternoon we made a big pot of soup and a loaf of bread. We took some over to Lauren, who had been hit with the stomach bug as well. She was very grateful to have some dinner, and so was Braden! When JJ got home we had him hurry and eat so we could get ready to go trick-or-treating. I snapped a few pictures of the kids in their costumes before it got to dark. They loved their toy guns.
Here is the whole family before heading out to trick-or-treat. I think it is kind of fun they were both cowboys (cowgirl) this year. I am not sure there will be many more years when I can talk them into matching each other. Then again apparently JJ and I still think it is fun :)
We went to a few houses by ours and then went over to trick-or-treat at a few friends houses in the neighborhood. We had fun walking around seeing all the fun decorations people had out. When we actually settle and have a house I want some fun decorations!
Here are the kids with all their candy! We picked out most of the good stuff and the rest magically disappeared. After trick-or-treating we had fun passing out our big bowl of candy to all the kids who came to our house. I was happy we had lots of kids come by because we didn't want any leftovers. Plus the kids love handing out candy! We also skyped with JJ's parents so they could see the kids in their costumes. It was a fun Halloween and the kids had a blast!


3 comments:
You and JJ are SO meant to be, that is hilarious!
Ha! Garrett's little cow-print chaps are the BEST!
Darn cute little cow-folk. I love matching.
Post a Comment