Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Lucy has done well with track this year.  Although it is not her favorite thing, she understands that it is good conditioning for basketball.  She has had some good improvements on the events she does.  Her track meet was on a Friday afternoon, and we looked forward to all being there to cheer her on.  I even made a stop at the dollar store with the boys so they could pick out some candy.  We watched her do the long jump, high jump, 100 M hurdles and for the first time she did the 300 M hurdles.  She was looking really good the whole race until she came around the last corner.  As the approached the first hurdle on the straight away she all of a sudden stopped and looked like she couldn't finish.  I thought she was going to cry.  Garrett and I were there together, and we cheered her on and told her to keep going.  She stepped over the hurdle and then finished the straight away to the finish line.  We were so proud of her for trying a new thing even though it was hard.  I as even more proud of her for finishing.  I always tell my kids how proud I am and how I will always be there cheerleaders.  I try hard to do that for them.  I am proud of Lucy and thankful that we were there as a family to be cheerleaders for her as she participated in the track meet.        

No comments: