Thursday, September 1, 2011

Vacation Stats

Miles Driven : 1406.8


Average cost of gas: $3.50 ( lowest $3.29 and highest was $3.69)


Pictures taken : 435


Postcards purchased : 15


Pennies smashed: 5, most unique being the Lords Prayer in a random gift shop


Other purchased souvenirs: New Orleans Trivet, Gulf Shores Photo Album, 2 Gulf Shores t-shirts, 1 sand dollar and 1 starfish


Number of places visited: 14


Favorite music to listen to: Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Greg Laswell, OneRepublic. We also enjoyed listening to Toy Story 3 and Wild Krats while it kept the children entertained.


Hours taken to clean out car: around 2, it will still need several more vacuuming to make sure all the sand is out.


Amount of Sand brought home: undetermined since we are still finding it in odd places.


Number of times Garrett yelled " DADDDEEE!!" : Countless and annoying every time


Bottles of Sunscreen consumed: 1


Bottles of Aloe consumed due to lack of proper sunscreen application: 2 (JJ has learned that it may be best to swim at all times with a shirt on)


Seashells found: Lots of pretty and unique ones that we are still trying to decide what to do with them all


New States visited: 2 Louisiana and Florida


Happy Vacationers: 4

2 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

$3.29!?! that is low! I think 3.46 was the lowest on our summer trip. I like your penny smashing tradition-cheap & small souvenir. I really home you guys didn't consume the sunscreen and aloe-yuck! I want a swim shirt like garrett & lucy's its so nice to not have to apply sunscreen on michael's shoulders (he's the only one that has one.) Sounds like a fun trip! I enjoyed reading/seeing it!

Susan said...

I like the "stats" idea! And over 400 pictures?! That's a great big blurb book in itself!