JJ has had a fun time this year following basketball. With the famous Jimmer fever that has swept through pretty much every household it has brought some excitement into the basketball games. It is the bracket time of year again and Lucy and JJ both filled one out. I skipped this year because I am just not into it, I just try (sometimes not that hard) to support JJ and his love for the game. Lucy filled hers according to the team mascot, not a bad theory. Garrett knows now that JJ watches basketball games and clips on his laptop and Garrett will go point to it or get it and bring it to JJ asking for basketball. I am pretty sure that makes JJ a proud Dad! So when we saw that Lowes was hosting a "craft and go" activity at the library on Thursday evening and they were building basketball hoops we thought it would be a fun thing to do. Lucy was excited to make her basketball hoop and Garrett was just excited to hammer something . We had fun putting on the proper building gear and helping the kids put theirs together.
Garrett has the whole "Cheese" thing down! When I ask him to say cheese he says it and turns and smiles.
This week Lucy and I made these fun hand print lambs. We traced our hands and then colored them in black. We then glued on the cotton balls and eyes. It was fun to do, Lucy enjoyed doing it and it was a quick simple project.
This weekend has been yucky with cooler weather and rain. We have been low key just hanging out together and watching a red box movie. Yesterday JJ had a seminar at school pretty much all day. He had a really good experience and felt good about where he is in his career path. It was a practice/business management company that came and spoke to them. JJ was excited to meet the speaker because he has talked with him through email previously. I am proud of JJ and all he has done so far to hopefully provide a great career path for himself and to provide for the family. He felt good about the things they said and felt like he has been pretty on the ball doing the things they discussed yesterday. I was able to run a few errands with the kids and then make this scripture case/cover to give away this upcoming weekend. The YW in our ward are hosting an service auction where members of the ward are donating things to be auctioned off. All the money earned will go to the girls in the ward to cover the cost of girls came this summer. They asked me if I could make something and this is what I came up with. Hopefully someone will buy it! I am happy with how it turned out , I think it is fun and colorful for spring.
4 comments:
What a fun post - I love everything you made!!! Your kids look so cute in their pj's too!
so how are the brackets doing? ;) The sheep craft is such a good idea! perfect for spring.
We are competing here at our house on our brackets and I am kicking Andrew's trash if I win he has to make dinner for a week! I won two years in a row in an office full of men!
We need to go to a Lowe's craft day. Kinsley would love that. Love the scripture case!
Post a Comment