Lucy has continued to sell wooden boxes to earn money for basketball. I posted them on Facebook and we have continued to make and sell them as the orders come in. The elementary school has a breakfast for Santa every year. They have tables with crafts and things to buy, we decided to do a table this year. We worked really hard getting boxes made to sell at the breakfast. We wanted to have 10 boxes in each stain color, so 30 boxes total. We worked together several evenings and on the weekends cutting, sanding and staining the wood. JJ got them all put together and put the handles on each end. I made some Christmas card holder boards to sell there too. I spent lots of time stenciling and hand painting the boards. Lucy and I set up our table the night before and then brought the rest of the boxes over Saturday morning. We were hoping to sell a lot, but things were slow. Not very many people were buying things. The tables around us weren't selling much either. It was disappointing, we had worked so hard to have things ready to sell. Lucy sold 4 boxes and I sold 2 boards. Overall I don't think it was worth the money to reserve a table and the stress of having everything ready. Thankfully we are still selling things on Facebook. I think Lucy had a fun time sitting there with me selling things.
No comments:
Post a Comment