Monday, May 13, 2013

 The kids love to take a bath in our bathroom in the big bathtub.  They love all the extra space and especially love the bubbles we put in.  I think it is fun to let them enjoy a special treat like a big bubble bath every once and while. It is fun to have a big bath tub again.
Garrett is such a talker and will talk to me all day long. I don't think people believe me until they really spend time with him.  He seriously talks all day.  It is so funny to watch him use his hands while he talks and he gets so animated when he tells me stories.  He will tell me some funny things and a lot of them don't make any sense to me.  He is such a sweet boy and I am glad he is home with me all day so I can hear all the fun things he has to say. 
 Tuesday after story time we wanted to get out and enjoy the beautiful day.  We meet up with JJ at the store and picked up a few things and then took a picnic lunch to a park close to where he works.  We had a nice time visiting with JJ and Garrett loved playing on the playground.  We stayed for a while longer after JJ headed back to work.  Garrett no longer naps so it was nice to be able to just enjoy the day and not have to worry about the time.
 Lucy has had a horrible ball season.  They have only played 1 game and had 3 rained out.  So the coach called a practice this week so the kids to play a little.  It was beautiful all day and then right when practice started it started to rain.  The kids didn't mind and they enjoyed doing some drills and practiced hitting the ball.  It drizzled on and off and Garrett and I enjoyed sitting outside together, he brought cars to play with in the dirt by the bench.  Lucy had a blast.
 I finally ordered our blog books! I started back last fall working on 2008.  I did photo albums for that year but wanted to go back and have the words to go with the pictures.  I also did 2012 and a book for each of the kids.  I worked slowly on them and didn't really give myself a timeline this year.  I didn't want to stress out about getting them done.  I liked that a lot better.  Then when I got another coupon code I used it and ordered all 4.  They turned out great and I am glad to have them sitting on our shelf with the other ones.

No comments: