Saturday evening we started our Mothers Day celebrations. We had family pictures taken and then JJ took us out to eat pizza at Dewey's. He wanted to make sure I had my own celebration and that we did something special for me. I was glad he thought to make sure I had something just for me. I always love to go out to eat. We love Dewey's pizza and it was close to where we had our pictures taken so it worked out great. We got there when they were really busy and had a pretty long wait, and we were starving. The kids were able to enjoy lots of time watching them make the pizzas. They throw the dough up in the air and the kids really enjoy that.
We enjoyed a nice dinner with yummy pizza and salad. We then stopped at a few stores in the area and then picked up donuts at a bakery for the next morning.
I haven't had a donut in a really long time so it was so nice to wake up to these Sunday morning!
Me and the kids before church, I am so lucky to have 2 wonderful kids. I feel so blessed to be able to be a Mom. I know it is what I am suppose to do with my life and it has brought so many blessing into my life.
The whole family before church.
After church we had a nice relaxing afternoon. We sat out on the deck reading and relaxing together, it was wonderful! We skyped with JJ's parents, which was nice. We then opened up cards and gifts from the kids and JJ. Lucy was so sweet and worked really hard on several things at school. I just love all the thought and time she put into everything. She planted a plant at school and made a picture frame with her picture in it. She also gave me a ticket for a free bowling game at the bowling alley. She said she got 2 of them and she is keeping one and gave one to me so we can go out together. I thought that was so sweet that she planned a fun Mommy-daughter date for us and got us bowling tickets. Garrett made a nice card for me as well at the library and one in primary.
JJ got me some new kitchen towels, which I needed and asked for. We picked them out together Saturday evening. I love how bright and fun they are!
I also asked for some flowers to plant in the front of the house. We picked those out together as well. It was fun to work together picking them out rather then me just having him do it on his own.
That evening we went over to my parents house for dinner and to celebrate my Mom. We had a nice dinner together and then we opened gifts and cards from everyone. She got lots of nice things from everyone.
She made some yummy coconut cream pie all from scratch and it was delicious. It was her first time making that pie and it turned out great!
Me and My Mom, I am so lucky to have her as my Mom and so glad we live close to them so I can see her often.
I had a really nice Mothers day and loved how special JJ and the kids made me feel all day long. I loved the extra hugs and kisses and the ammount of times they would come tell me Happy Mothers Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment