Friday, May 20, 2011

Woodland Discovery Park

JJ had the day off yesterday due to things going on with Graduation. It was so nice to have him off, especially this week where we are getting back to real life after break. I can tell this summer is going to have some long days, but hopefully we can keep busy and enjoy JJ when we get to see him. We have heard good things about the new playground in Shelby Farms and so we packed our lunches and headed up for the mornings. It was a really neat playground and Lucy loved it. Garrett was a little young for a lot of the things but still had fun doing what he could and mostly just running around. Lucy is getting really good at climbing and was proud of herself and the way she was able to climb the rope web in one area. We had a fun day with JJ home and especially enjoyed having him home for dinner-something that I think is becoming a rare occurrence.

A package also came in the mail yesterday from JJ's parents. It had this cute little outfit in it for Lucy. They recently went to San Fransisco and picked this up in China Town. Lucy was very excited about it and immediately filled her little purse with match box cars.

3 comments:

Andrew and Heather said...

That playground does sound like a lot of fun! Looks like you had a great break! Thanks again for all the St. Louis tips!

Susan said...

Lucy's outfit is SO fun! I love it! I like your new header too - how did you do it?

Margaret Pratt said...

Great new header! Beautiful day with the family, fun new park. How do you find them all??? Lucy and Garrett couldn't be cuter! I love that I got to give them a hug yesterday!!! It was SO GREAT to see you! Lucy's is adorable in her outfit and the umbrella just makes it all to die for!