Friday, April 8, 2011

Playing Alone

This past week Garrett has started to play on his own! He will just go upstairs and play for a long time (to me long is like 15 minutes). He loves to play with the cars and especially the train. He will line them all up and connect all the train pieces together. He has learned to put the track pieces together and put the train on it. We will go up there and help build the track with him and he will play for a while. It is so great that he can go be on his own and play. Yesterday both kids were playing on their own with separate things and it was great to have things so peaceful. Earlier this week I had to call Garrett to come down for dinner several times. It took him a while to come down which was so unlike him, usually he comes running when he hears it is time to eat. It is fun to have something that he enjoys playing with so much, plus it is fun to see how many different tracks we can put together!






3 comments:

The Sullengers said...

I don't know what I would do if Hudson didn't like to play alone! I'm so glad Garrett is getting into that stage - I'm sure Lucy will appreciate it too :)

Brittany H said...

It's so nice when kids learn to entertain themselves - I get my work done twice as fast!

Rob and Marseille said...

I can't wait for the day!