Friday night I went up to JJ's school to have dinner and listen to a presentation from the Missouri Optometric Association President. Sometimes when I go to these presentations I feel really out of the loop with the world and works of the optometry business. I don't know any of the lingo and terminology. Either way I am always interested in seeing that part of JJ's life and learning more about what goes on, especially in life after school. It was fun to meet the president (Dr. Thompson) and his wife, and hear their presentation. His wife talked about the auxiliary committee and what the spouses do as part of the organization. They give scholarships, do brunches at the conventions and get involved in other ways. I was interested to hear about things I can do and ways that I can involve myself if I wanted to down the road. JJ seems like the type that will for sure involve himself in these types of organizations and who knows, we may just become "that couple" that will be involved together in an organization.
Here is the Missouri Club at the school with Dr. Thompson
Riding the elevator down together, we drove separate so JJ could come up early and give a tour of the school to Dr. Thompson and his wife and then to stay and help clean up. BIG thanks to Lisa for watching the kids. They had such a blast playing and going out for ice cream at sonic.
After the dinner and picking up the kids, getting them home and on their way to bed. JJ got home and I left to go to a girls night at Larysa's. She was teaching a group of us how to crochet. I actually learned a stitch, not very good but I think with another lesson and some practice I could maybe make something out of it. It was fun to get together with the girls, eat yummy food and learn a new skill.
Saturday day we were lazy and stayed home, worked out in the morning, JJ worked on the yard, cleaned the house, did laundry and watched a movie with Lucy in the afternoon. I have a hard time having lazy days, I love to get out and do stuff and stay busy. It was nice knowing that we wouldn't have much time to spend with the kids all weekend to just stay home and relax with them.
Here is a fun picture of the kids on Saturday.
They had some senior superlatives and JJ won the award for "most likely to open a million dollar practice" . Yeah JJ. I sure wouldn't mind if this did indeed come true. I know that with JJ's background and interest in business this is something he has really put a lot of thought into. He does someday hope to open a great practice and I think with all his hard work he will someday do it. It was fun to see who won all the categories.
1 comment:
whoa, you are fast at updating! It was nice to see you guys at the dinner! Here's our blog address: http://buckybeazer.blogspot.com
Post a Comment