Sunday, September 7, 2025

First Day of School

I was not ready for summer to end this year.  I really do love summer.  I love how things are laid back and we can enjoy longer days with sunlight.  I get sad thinking about fall and the sun setting earlier and it being dark by dinner time.  I really loved going to some classes at the gym over the summer with a friend.  Nolan and I spent lots of afternoons hanging out at the pool with friends.  I really enjoyed meeting up with my friend Tracy at the pool.  We would have a fun time chatting and swimming together.  I am starting to realize I like the version of myself in the summer.  I think because of this I put off really getting ready for summer this year.  We didn't do a big back to school shopping trip. When I took Nolan to walk the halls at the school I didn't even think I should already have supplies to be dropping off.  I did eventually get into gear and did shop for new outfits and supplies.  Garrett started off his day with early morning football practice.  He hurried home and took a shower after practice.  JJ and I walked Nolan over to his bus stop.  Middle school bus comes early!  His bus comes at 6:50 AM and he has to walk to the next street over. It is going to be an adjustment for him.  I went back to work at the elementary school.  This will be my fourth year working in the kitchen there.  I am happy to be back and when we all returned, we all commented that it felt like we never left.  After school I was happy to hear Nolan had a really good day.  He really likes his teachers and has friends in his classes.  I hope this is a really good year for him.  I don't feel like we ended elementary school on a very good note.  I hope that he can enjoy learning again.  Garrett gave me a simple report that everything was fine.  He feels like he never left either, just starting a new semester.  I hope he has a good year too.  He has some good classes that will challenge him and hopefully will get him ready to apply for colleges next summer. We were all exhausted after our first days and ready for bed early.    



No comments: