Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Six Flags

Friday my sister Natalie called me and asked me about our weekend plans.  I listed basketball games, birthday parties, JJ working and mentioned we wanted to go to six flags.  We got season passes for Christmas and have been wanting to go while the weather is so nice.  She then said they were thinking about coming down for Easter and would love to go to Six Flags.  It has been a long time since she had been and her kids have never been.  They decided to make a last minute trip down to St. Louis.  JJ worked Saturday morning and I took Nolan to a birthday party.  We skipped basketball games since they ended up being far away.  As soon as we got home from the party we loaded up and headed to six flags.  We were meeting them there.  They decided to get season passes as well since they were the same price as a one day ticket.  They will be back in town this summer for Jordan and Jenny's baby blessing.  We were surprised to see my parents with them when we meet up.  They too decided to get passes and join the fun.  It was such a beautiful day!  It was perfect weather to be at six flags.  We rode as many rides as we could.  We started with American Thunder and the moon cars for those that weren't tall enough.  We then rode the train, Grandpas favorite.  The big kids were ready to hit all the big rides but we knew we needed to fit in things everyone wanted to do.  We had a talk with our kids in the car about making sure everyone got to ride things they wanted to ride.  We can always come back another time and ride things.  We all rode the train half way and then we split up and some got off to ride the mine train.  Nolan was so excited to ride the mine train, he talked about it all day long.  Nolan was so excited to see all the things he could do now that he was five.  He knew he was taller and could ride a few more rides.  We all rode the mine train, I got to ride with Natalie.  We split up so the big kids could ride some big rides.  We took turns with the smaller kids in the kids area.  The kids rode the rides over and over again having a blast.  It worked good to have a big group so we could rotate riding rides and helping with kids.  Since I don't ride many rides I stayed with the little kids for a lot of the time.  I didn't mind to much since I wasn't by  myself.  My parents were with me and we took turns chasing kids and riding rides with them.  I don't spend a lot of time with Natalie's kids so it was nice for me to be with Edward, Alice and Emma riding the smaller rides.  They are so fun and such sweet kids.  I am thankful for the time I got to spend with them.  We stayed until the park closed, we rode as much as we could and I think everyone got to ride what they wanted to.  Nolan rode the screaming eagle for the first time and said that was his favorite.  Lucy and Garrett both love the batman!  We all went to Culvers for a late dinner after leaving Six Flags.  We wanted to spend time riding the rides and the food is really expensive in the park.  Thankfully Natalie smuggled in some food in her stroller to hold us over.  It was such a fun day and one we will always remember.  It was especially fun to have family join us.  We were all exhausted and ready for bed!     
 
 
 

 



 



No comments: