Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Happy Birthday Nolan!!

Nolan was so excited to turn five.  Right after my birthday he started counting down to his.  I would often pull the calendar down nd show him how many days until his birthday.  He wanted everyone to come over and have cake with him.  We did a small get together the day before his birthday with cake and ice cream.  He picked out his cake, rainbow chip and then asked me to frost it with all the colors.  He kept changing his mind and so I sent him to bed and told him I would surprise him with his cake in the morning.  When he woke up Sunday he wanted to see his cake right away.  I went down and showed it to him, he loved it and said it looked so cool.  It was a party cake for sure with all the colors, candy on top and sprinkles.  We had a nice low key get together with Jordan, Jenny and Grandma and Grandpa.  He got some new clothes and a tackle box from Grandma and Grandpa.  Jordan and Jenny gave him a new fishing pole.  Grandma and Grandpa Smith sent a Lego set and money for his college savings account.   






 Monday was Nolan's birthday!  He got donuts for breakfast and then we went to McDonalds for lunch.  There is one not to far from JJ's office with an indoor play place.  We meet him there for lunch.  Nolan quickly ate his meal so he could go play.  He had a blast.  We stayed and played for almost two hours.  We headed home to relax and watch a show until the kids got home from school.  JJ and I decided to get the boys a combined gift for their birthdays.  We got them a big soccer net for the backyard.  They both love soccer and I knew if they had a bigger net they would go out back and play more.  They both agreed to splitting it and so we ordered one. It came on Nolan's birthday so when the kids got home we all worked together to put it together.  Nolan requested chicken strips, mac and cheese and fruit for his dinner.  We also had some cake leftover.  Mondays are busy but we still had fun celebrating and spending time together.  JJ was able to get off a little early so they played together at the playground while Garrett had soccer practice.  We watched a little bit of the video of when Nolan was a baby.  I can't believe my little guy is already 5! 


No comments: